It’s that time of year. Summer is drawing to a close and back-to-school sales are everywhere! Pencils, notebooks, folders, clothes…everything is on sale, including shoes.
Here are my top 7 shoe shopping tips to ensure your student gets the best pair of shoes possible!
Top 7 Shoe Shopping Tips for Children
- Measure your child’s feet before every new shoe purchase, no matter how recently the feet were last measured. Children’s feet grow rapidly!
- Make sure the child is wearing the socks he or she would normally wear.
- Carefully inspect the child’s feet for any signs of irritation after trying on new shoes.
- Although it can save money, try to avoid buying secondhand shoes. Secondhand shoes have different wear patterns that could irritate the second owner’s feet as well as spread fungal infections.
- Inspect the heels of your child’s existing shoes to look for signs of uneven wear. If you see uneven wear, it could indicate a foot problem that needs to be checked out.
- Let your child participate in the shoe-shopping experience and ask them how they feel!
- Choose the size that accommodates the child’s largest foot. Oftentimes, kids have one foot larger than the other.
If you follow these tips closely, your child’s school year should start off on the right foot. (pun fully intended!)
Happy Shoe Shopping!
If you or a loved one are looking for a podiatrist in the Sarasota-Bradenton area or are experiencing heel problems, Sarasota or Bradenton is the place to be! Please schedule an appointment with Dr. Lasday, Dr. Zdancewicz, or Dr. Goecker for a thorough and professional evaluation, either in our Bradenton Podiatry office at (941) 753-9599 or our Sarasota Podiatry office at (941) 366-2627.
Oh, and one more thing…if you haven’t already, please like us on Facebook where we share foot tips, great pictures, and fun facts!