Tips for Happy Feet
Here are a few easy tips for keeping those feet in good shape in 2013. You can’t go wrong with these simple, yet effective tips—I’ve shared them before, but they’re worth repeating.
- Keep ‘Em Clean! Proper hygiene and basic nail care go a long way in helping maintain healthy and happy feet. Wash your feet daily and keep your nails trimmed and clean.
- Watch where you go barefoot! Let’s face it, we Floridians love to go barefoot! But be careful…you can really injure your feet going barefoot at the wrong places. Limit going barefoot to places like the beach where the ground is soft and forgiving.
- Treat Your Shoes! If you are an athletic type of individual, spray your shoes with a disinfectant spray or use powder to ward off pesky athlete’s foot.
- Control Callouses! Don’t let callouses get out of hand. Pay particular attention to those heels. Cracked skin can become infected skin.
- Don’t Ignore Foot Pain! Don’t let aches, pains, rashes go unattended. It’s completely abnormal to have aches and pains in the foot. See your podiatrist if pain continues for more than a day.
Easy, right? You can do it!
I hope everyone has a happy & healthy 2013! And remember, take care of your feet and they will take care of you!
If you are looking for a podiatrist in the Bradenton or Sarasota area, please schedule an appointment with Dr. Lasday, Dr. Zdancewicz, or Dr. Goecker for a thorough and professional evaluation, either in their Bradenton Podiatry office or Sarasota Podiatry office.