In my last post, I shared that you shouldn’t experience any kind of foot pain…it’s not normal! So many people experience pain in their feet and just ignore it. Do not ignore foot pain! Your feet are trying to tell you something!
If you are experiencing pain in your feet or any one of the following symptoms, it is time to visit a podiatrist and receive professional help and relief.
Symptoms to Not Ignore
- You have noticeable change to your nails or skin.
- Your feet are severely cracking, scaling, or peeling.
- There are blisters on your feet.
- There are signs of bacterial infection, including:
- Increased pain, swelling, redness, tenderness, or heat.
- Red streaks extending from the affected area.
- Discharge of pus.
- Fever of 100°F (37.78°C) or higher with no other cause.
- Symptoms that do not improve after two weeks of treatment with a non-prescription product.
- Spreading of the infection to other areas, such as the nail bed, or skin under the nail, the nail itself, or the surrounding skin.
- Your toenail is getting thicker and causing you discomfort.
- You have heel pain accompanied by a fever, redness (sometimes warmth) or numbness or tingling in your heel, or persistent pain without putting any weight or pressure on your heel, or the pain is not alleviated by ice, aspirin, (or ibuprofen or acetaminophen).
- You have diabetes or certain diseases associated with poor circulation and you develop athlete’s foot. People with diabetes are at increased risk for a severe bacterial infection of the foot and leg if they have athlete’s foot.
If you have you have any of the symptoms mentioned above, please take action sooner versus later! So many foot problems could be avoided if people would just go see a podiatrist and get it checked out.
If you are looking for a podiatrist in the Bradenton or Sarasota area, please schedule an appointment with Dr. Lasday, Dr. Zdancewicz, or Dr. Goecker for a thorough and professional evaluation, either in their Bradenton Podiatry office or Sarasota Podiatry office.