“Many people look forward to the New Year for a new start on old habits.”–Anonymous
“A New Year’s resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other.”–Anonymous
“New Year’s Day – Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual.”–Mark Twain
O.K…. I always like a bit of humor and I thought these quotes provided a little levity as we head into the new year with our list of resolutions that we are determined to keep! Don’t get me wrong–I’m all for making resolutions, but take the pressure off yourself! Don’t make resolutions so grand in scope that you need a 20 page plan to carry them out. It’s probably best to keep them simple and succinct!
So with simple and succinct in mind, I’d like to share with you a few easy tips for keeping those feet in good shape in 2012. I’ve shared these with you before, but they are worth repeating…
- Keep ‘Em Clean! Proper hygiene and basic nail care go a long way in helping maintain healthy and happy feet. Wash your feet daily and keep your nails trimmed and clean.
- Watch where you go barefoot! Let’s face it, we Floridians love to go barefoot! But be careful…you can really injure your feet going barefoot at the wrong places. Limit going barefoot to places like the beach where the ground is soft and forgiving.
- Treat Your Shoes! If you are an athletic type of individual, spray your shoes with a disinfectant spray or use powder to ward off pesky athlete’s foot.
- Control Callouses! Don’t let callouses get out of hand. Pay particular attention to those heels. Cracked skin can become infected skin.
- Don’t Ignore Foot Pain! Don’t let aches, pains, rashes go unattended. It’s completely abnormal to have aches and pains in the foot. See your podiatrist if pain continues for more than a day.
Easy, right? And seriously, I do wish you a happy & healthy 2012! And remember, take care of your feet and they will take care of you!
If you are looking for a podiatrist in the Sarasota-Bradenton area, please schedule an appointment with Dr. Lasday right away for a thorough and professional evaluation, either in his Bradenton Podiatry office or Sarasota Podiatry office.